Chapters

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kids

I saw this pic over tumblr and it's just so adorable. Who in the world does not see it as lovely?




I want to dress up my future kid/s like this too. :) Very very adorable. It made me think of the kind of joy little blessings like this make a parent melt... It made me think I want a kid now too so I can have someone to dress up and buy little mittens, little socks, little clothes, and all things that are colorful and cute.

But I wish having a kid is as easy as having a stuffed toy. When you're through with playing, you can just leave it in your room as you attend to your day's activities. And get back to your plushy when you feel like playing dress up again.

With how costly living a life is now, having a baby should be and is ideally well-planned. It's not like going on a mall and then an impulse strikes you with the thinking "I want it" and presto. Even when I have my share of impulse buying, when I get home I come to think why on earth have I bought it anyways. Then regret on what has happened --that the money spent on it should have been spent on something more worthy of buying.

Yet things don't go "ideally" all the time. I salute women who carry on with their pregnancy at a young age who goes head on with whatever the repercussions of their actions are. I salute people who does not resort to committing abortion just to "undo" the result of their impulsive wants. I salute all single parents for doing all they can to rear their little ones.

In as much as I want to have a "mini me", I believe today or any time soon is not the right time. Having a kid is not like having a toy. It requires great love, incessant effort, much time, and more money. I want my future kid to grow up well-provided for financially and emotionally.

I want to be financially stable first, then have a family of my own. Then maybe after a couple of years, I'll have a baby. Then be a full-time mom to watch and guide my kid as s/he's growing up. :)

For now, I guess I have to fish for my old stuffed toys and be content with them.... play with our puppies.... and accomplish my dreams for myself and for my family first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X