Chapters

Monday, September 20, 2010

MT: Ready?


MT stands for Multiply Treasures. Bringing some of my posts from my Multiply site in here.

Oct 31, '08 10:16 PM

--That's what's being asked when we're faced with some peculiar event or something of the like. I remember being asked by my CI, "you guys ready?". It was seconds before our return demonstration on administering medications and nervousness was all in our face that very moment. We were like looking at each others' faces and trying to laugh off every pound of our hearts.

I knew I studied much, I "internalized" the procedures, I "trained" my shaking hands to be not so overacting.. I prayed a lot too. But when we were asked if we were ready for the RD, I don't know what to say. Suddenly I don't know if I am that prepared at all.

The CI got the expression from our faces. She had also sensed the nervousness despite our laughs that we were uncertain if we were indeed ready. Then she said something that was engraved in my thoughts right then and there.... 

"We'll never know we're ready unless we're in it". When asked if were ready for anything, usually we are uncertain if we are. We would always think that the preparations we did or what we have in hand is/are not sufficient for us to get thru it. Man's instinct so we won't get hurt/frustrated, I guess? We always think we are not ready for things that are new to us. But when we look back, we've already leaped into what we felt we were unready for. Well, it may not be a success at once. It's not that we're free from getting our hearts broken by it. But the point is that whatever the result may be, we've certainly learned something from it. Reconstruction of strategies can be done... living the realizations out... and most of all, a sense of fulfillment that we can be able to say "I did it"... or a stronger ME by the end of it to say "I can do it again".
As for the troubled spirit, calm down by having a talk with Him. ;) Sure works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X