Chapters

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Orange Scheme

I love the color Orange. Yet I don't like the persona behind those orange-y TV ads, jingles, tarps, and whatelse. Aside from the fact that I soo wanna puke whenever I see him with an orange polo shirt with his hair swept to the side... (Oh! And of course, how can I miss the jingle and the kids singing along?) I will certainly not give out my one precious vote for him being the next President.

In an article by Elen Francisco for Philippine Daily Inquirer (click here), it made me loathe for Manny Villar for claiming and pretending he was once a poor boy when he 'was never a Tondo poor boy'. Read for yourself.

Tonight while I was surfing the net, I stopped the moment I heard of an expose about him on Saksi, GMA7. It was regarding his brother who died years ago, who was allegedly "namatay dahil walang pang-ospital" (died of no money for hospitalization). It has been founded that his brother was in fact confined in a PRIVATE hospital for 13 days and expired due to cardiorespiratory arrest secondary to leukemia.

Why be in a private hospital? There are public hospitals then that can cater to your needs at a lower and attainable cost. Cardiorespiratory arrest is a failure of the heart to contract effectively and subsequently a cessation to normal circulation of the blood. And in  his brother's case, this happened BECAUSE of the underlying condition which is leukemia.

1. I hate him for making up stories to appeal to the masses. 
2. I hate him for using poverty to get to the hearts of the greater people. 
3. I hate him for being a hypocrite. 
4. I get more irritated by him when I recall his ad with the ducks and he got his hands dirty and he wiped his hands in his impeccable orange polo shirt then the camera focused on the act... and then it showed Manny Villar's then-clean-now-dirty shirt. Dang! 
5. I'm sick of his ads all over the television, radio, billboards, and sidewalks.
6. Moreover, I am so fed up with his campaign jingles.


1. I wish that Comelec will do something about this. Besides, I believe he is one of the candidates who reached the maximum air-time whatever for the campaign ads.
2. I wish he'll never make it to the position. Philippines is not in need of a leader like you, Mister.
3. I wish all of his lies will blow up to his face even more and that more people will be brought to the light and be guided properly and accordingly as to how they spend their vote. I'm so freakin' tired of those impeachment cries. In the first place, do not forget that for once, you wanted and therefore placed the existing leader in that pedestal. Don't go crazy when your once-behaved-and-all-positive leader turned out to be a monster. Vote wisely.

3 comments:

Work those fingers! :X