Chapters

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sick-y Me

The other day I had some aura of having my second encounter of vertigo. My first encounter was 2 months ago, if I'm not mistaken. It was horrible. So the moment I had the feeling of vertigo coming to me again, I researched and self-medicated. Haha! But I had lightheadedness til yesterday. I have to agree that being lightheaded is way better than having your whole world spinning and you get really sweaty and nauseated.

I haven't played my fb games for a couple of days. If it was ever possible (that I don't have to make up for what I've missed) that I'd be absent, I might have chosen to just be on my bed not having to attend my review classes. I actually went to bed for the past 2 nights earlier than usual... and of course it gave me more or a little less than 12 hours of sleep. Heaven. :)

Yesterday as I arrived home from class, I had fever and chills. The last time I had that combo was on an outbased duty. I remember 2 of my roommates hearing me mumble things in my sleep. XD And as from what I can remember, all I think about during that moment was "Dexamethasone" --a corticosteroid drug. Press Rewind. Earlier that day, we had our short orientation at this hospital's ICU department. Our clinical instructor introduced us to all the drugs in there. And there was Dexamethasone. He asked the group what was the classification of that drug. Nobody knows the answer. So he told us that it's actually a steroid blah blah blah. And in my sleep that night, all I can remember was Dexamethasone. There was actually a "run-down" of the meds he introduced us but Dexamethasone struck me most.

So last night was different. The most striking in my sleep was..... (drumroll)....... Atropine Sulfate. Dang! In my sleep I was like reviewing my (review class) notes and what kept on playing in my mind was Atropine Sulfate! XD

I wonder if I was mumbling too... LOL! That's fever and chills for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! I remember the dexamethasone! :))
    Hope you get well soon ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really 99.9% sure...you were mumbling....bwahahaha (joke ma)..... get well soon....mishoo....mishoo.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Work those fingers! :X