Chapters

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Part 1

My mom has been diagnosed with rectosigmoid cancer in January (if I’m not mistaken). She had the tumor removed in March. It’s stage II by the way. At that time, the doctor has not advised her to undergo chemotherapy. I guess it was in May when she had her schedule for barium enema (for the purpose of knowing if she can have her colostomy closed already). Good news is that she can have her temporary colostomy closed.
Honestly, I don’t ask much about my mom’s disease. I get my news/update as I see it or I hear it here at home. Well, I inquire a bit but there’s a definite pain in the possibility of hearing something that will break my heart in pieces. I’ve got a strong personality, yes. However, no matter how tough I seem to be, I have my soft spots. And this is one of them.
Lately, she’s been sick. She had her check-up and it has been told (I heard) that the doctor wanted her to start her chemotherapy. As I try to imagine her experiencing the effects of chemo, my eyes become wet. Sigh. These are the times I become apathetic. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X