Chapters

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Student Life

After five academic years, finally I'm now in my senior year in college. Woo-hooo!!!! In my circle of high school friends, only three (I'm one of them) are still undergrads and the rest (8 of them) are now graduates. One is pursuing extra units in her chosen profession, two are into med school, most are reviewing (I guess) for the board.

I remember last year when the 2nd semester started for everyone, my friends were so into the "we're graduating soon" theme. Honestly it made me sad most of the time that we're together because all they ever talk about was them nearing the end of their school years. They joke around about leaving us behind still burdened with the workloads of school. In fact there are moments wherein I don't want to see them at all just because we'll be the butt of their jokes again.

Now I'd still be in that school. The difference? I'm in my senior year. At last!

I spent two years being a Freshman. I had a sweet torture kind of fate in my first Freshman year. Then I decided to shift course and also to transfer to another school. Being in my first university was all I ever wanted. I even turned down the opportunity of being in another college I do not only like, but most of my friends are there too.

A sweet torture, it is. Sweet because I get to be in a prestigious and one of the best university nationwide. A torture because it made me stressed, holistically stressed.


Physically. I was not allowed to live in a dorm near school. Hence, I travel north to south and back again everyday. (Rough estimate of 22 kilometers?) Emotionally. Both my parents are away. I am in-charge of the budgeting, the groceries, the bills, even daily cooking.... everything. And the most important of all --- Intellectually. I don't like my course. There! It's a pain in my neurons. I really don't know. Maybe if I live near my school, and if I don't have those responsibilities of being a daughter and a sister.......... Maybe it would be a different story. Maybe.

And so I shifted and transferred. I don't have any regrets, seriously. Though I seldom have these "what-ifs" in mind, still I don't regret anything. Things happen for a reason. And whatever situation I am in now, it's the best for me and God had already planned this in the very beginning so He can make me be the person He created me to be.

Waaahh!!! Whew! :D This is my final year of being a student. I'll savor every moment, treasure all the friendships I've made, and be the best I can offer to my Maker.

Let's get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X