Chapters

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Durian Yum

I used to not appreciate Durian for what it is. I can live up with the smell but I was just not into eating the fruit. My Mom used to make me learn to like durian, so as my sister and my Dad because they obviously love it. I remember days when they'd eat durian and my Dad used to buy me my favorite fruit (yellow mango) instead.

Davao is well-known for its feast of bountiful harvest every August. I love everything about Davao, and I always look forward to Kadayawan Festival but it was just now that I've learned to love one of the things our city is proud to showcase --Durian.

After years of just tasting a bit of the fruit's "membrane" (as what I call it), I finally had finished the "meat" of one durian seed. Here it is.

My 1st ever naubos na durian to the buto. Haha! Yey! Better late than never. :)
I'm just so happy. :) I wish my Mom could see my latest accomplishment. She'd love to see this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X