Chapters

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Career... Yeah!

I want to become a doctor but I don't think that as of now, I can be one. Talk about financial matters. But anyways, I love my chosen field. Though I can actually point out some disadvantages on what Nursing has done to me. (That would be my next post in a few days... Keep posted. Haha!)

Moving on, as a Nurse --OK, a future Nurse, that is-- I want to see myself being in the OR. I just love the smell of Cidex and Sterilium though it gives me headache and dry hands. Hahaha! To my surprise, I also want to be an ICU/CCU nurse someday.

Oh btw, mind if I share something? (You don't have a choice anyway. Hmm.... You can stop reading from here though if you don't want to hear me out. Hahahah!) I find my last CCU rotation for this semester a memorable one.

I did my first in tracheostomy suctioning. *applauses* Believe it or not, for how many duty days I've got over with (for almost four semesters), it was my first time to do tracheostomy suctioning in real life last Monday (and not on a dummy or on my classmate --just kidding-- for demonstration purposes.. tee-hee).

Another thing I'll never forget for this rotation was how the watcher of my patient wished me well for the future. She even got my name and told me she'll look it up in the newspaper or in the internet next year to see if I passed the board exams and is already a Registered Nurse. That was flattering? I don't know the right word for it. It just made my day. Thank you Lord.

There's a long way ahead of me and I don't know exactly where I'll be in the future. I rest my dreams in God, knowing He's already planned out and prepared my life ahead of me.. and that in time, His wonderful plans will unfold. Then, I'll be who He wants me to be. Amen.

1 comment:

Work those fingers! :X