Chapters

Monday, September 20, 2010

MT: Only in Psychia

MT stands for Multiply Treasures. Bringing some of my posts from my Multiply site in here.

Jan 18, '09 9:10 PM

I dreaded school's come back. I have to drag myself to school after the Christmas vacation. "Got to face Psychia", I mumbled, rolled my eyes then sighed. During the circle, I faked my smile and enthusiasm. I don't want to put my groupmates into further anxiety and nervousness when they see my aura for that day.

Looking back now, the experience was unlike any other. Exhausting, yes. Financially draining, super yes! Rewarding, super super yes! I can say I was blessed by the experience. Being with the mentally ill patients are scary --I used to have that notion. But after the two-weeks exposure I realized it was fine. (Though I don't know if I will ever consider working as a psychiatric nurse. Hey! I'm just being honest, ok?)

I'll never forget the funny moments cause of their deviant thinking and reasoning. And the memories I had shared with my groupmates, my Migo (btw, we call them Migo or Miga, followed by their name), and the rest of the gang. Kung maraming nakakatawang moments, meron din namang mga nakakaantig ng puso scenes.

The two-weeks I once dreaded was finally over. However, the things I have learned...I have experienced...I have realized...will be with me. The exposure may have been merely just two weeks but that two weeks touched my heart and will make a difference in my nursing career like no other rotation can. Certainly.......................only in psychia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work those fingers! :X